About LPL Financial
LPL Financial is one of the leading financial services companies and the largest independent broker/dealer in the nation1 . For more than four decades, the firm has served as an enabling partner, supporting financial advisors in their goals of protecting and growing their clients’ wealth. A chief objective of LPL Financial is to reduce the complexity of running a financial services practice so advisors can focus on what they do best help their clients attain their financial goals and fulfill their dreams.
1As reported in Financial Planning magazine 2016, based on total revenues.
- $502 billion in brokerage and advisory assets2
- Not engaged in market-making activities or proprietary trading for their own account. Trading activities are focused solely on facilitating trades for advisors’ clients, and not on speculative trading for the firm’s own account3
- No exposure to mortgage-related investments or securities, nor do we provide loans to hedge funds or other speculators4
- LPL is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Membership provides protection for client accounts up to $500,000, of which $250,000 may be claims for cash, in the unlikely event that LPL were to fail financially. (For an explanatory brochure, visit www.sipc.org.)
- Moreover, LPL accounts have additional securities protection to cover the net equity of client accounts up to an overall aggregate firm limit of $575,000,000, subject to conditions and limitations.5
2As of reported for in third quarter earnings announcement, 11/2/16. 3,4,5 LPL Financial Condition
For more information about LPL Financial, visit www.lpl.com.
- Move Over, Merrill. LPL is the biggest brokerage firm you’ve never heard of. That is exactly the point. Forbes, Nov 22, 2010